Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Anxious Thoughts

Lord, You know my thoughts are quite anxious today! I haven't felt stressed, I know there is a lot on my mind though; the future. This will be a tight month coming up, time-wise and financially. Lord, you know we have to take the dogs to the Vets for their yearly updates, property taxes, and Miranda's hair styling stuff. We know we have You, and we trust You but today it hits home hard. Our tub is cracked and we need to replace it. Mark quoted us $600 that we just don't right now. My wife is in tears, I am trying to comfort her, but Lord this is hard.

You have brought us through unemployment, hardships, moving down here, etc. It's not that I am scared or worried, You have taught me not to, but Lord it just seems like we had that step ahead finally and now, we are brought down to our knees.

Psalms 92:1-2 "It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and your faithfulness by night."

Knowing that verse, my heart will sing praises and know that this day may have started off rough but we have You to hope in. We have You to take our anxious thoughts to - Psalms 94:19 "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul!" I will allow myself to be delighted in You! I leave these thoughts in Your hands and I cherish our time together this morning! May I bring your joy and honor today with all that I do! May I abstain from sin and delight in the fact that You are a Holy God!!

Be with the 3 people on my Core card and Father bring them to a loving relationship with Your Son Jesus. May they find salvation in Him, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Lord bring them to a point of brokenness, where they see that the only way out of their problem is You, even if it simply means that the recognizing the need for a Savior to avoid Hell. Allow me the opportunities to be a witness to Your greatness! Allow me to be a monument to the testimony of how awesome You are.

Thank You for listening to me Lord and thank You for all that You do, have done and will do! Thank You for the CROSS, for salvation, for my house, my wife, my family, my dogs, my job, and even the opportunity to blog my prayers to You! May my heart always be spoken for by Your loving voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment