I realize that God so many times I am guilty of (as I am sure many people are too) of putting you in some box. Maybe the box says "This problem is too big for You God!" Maybe box #2 says "God, You can't forgive me, I sinned and that sin is too big or too bad!" Maybe there is a third box that says "I don't need You God for this problem." How sad, are you not by my side for all things?
Hebrews 11:33 tells me that you will never forsake me, not will you ever leave me. Psalms 23 talks about how you will go through the valley with me, that you are my shepherd. John 10:7 says You are the door, the gate, and that You will protect me. Anyone or any thing that wants to get to me has to go through You. You further go on to tell me that You want to give me life, that You came to give me life.
How then can I sit back and not think that You are by my side? The funny thing is, in John 10 You tell me that the Father holds me in His hand and nothing, no one, can snatch me out of it. You love me, You care for me, You protect me. When I fall, you catch me, when I call out to You, You answer. You are by my side!
Father, forgive me for the times when I sit back and forget about these simple truths. Forgive me for picking the wrong box. You are a God who is bigger than any problem, a God who cares for all the details of my life, You are a God who forgives and restores (1John 1:9). Thank You for that because Father, I am so awful. I am a wretched human being who deserves Hell for my sin, yet, You look at me and see Your Son. It was His work on the cross that allowed me to have His righteousness put on. I am clothed in it! I thank you for the imagery in Zechariah about how You demanded that Joshua be stripped of His filthy clothes and new robes put on. I thank You for the parable of the prodigal son and how the father ran down to greet his son. I thank You for running to me and after me!
I thank You for our new small group and the beginnings of our new church! May we reach out and touch the lives of those who live around us. May we be an example to those who need to know Christ. I also ask you to be with my little brother. I love him so very much and I would rather be in Hell for him. He has a good heart, he is loyal, smart and loving. Work in His heart and bring him to You. Love on him, break him, bring him to his knees in total need for you. I thank you for our talk today and the fact that we could just chat as brothers. I am excited to see him for Christmas, I long for his friendship in person. I long to work out at the gym with him and to be idiots together. Don't forget him, for my sake and Your glory. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment