Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life is no Nintendo Game

I am amazed with You Lord. I sit back and watch You Lord do amazing and awesome things. You listen, You follow-through, You love and comfort. This is somewhat of a scary time for me, in my life, and I watch You just lead the way. If I lead, I fall, I die, I wither away, because without You in control, life just spins out of control. Game Over for me!

I love the way You show me Your truth. You show us in the most incredible ways how You listen, how tender You are with what we have going on in our lives. I loved reading in Pslams yesterday the verse, repeated over and over and over, let me stress, over and over again that Your love endures forever. It does, doesn't it? Funny how just listening, and how quickly You came through, how that shows Your love.

I can't live without You, I can't face my demons or hold my ground without You. My life could never have been complete without You. I remember those darkd ays in college when I felt broken. Not just a little broken, but I was desperately broken, heart-wrenching, in the gut, completely dead, broken. Life was bleak, and that was just a hopeful outlook on it. You looked down upon me and smiled. You held me those nights on the couch and promised me something incredible. I see how You have answered: a wife who loves You, a wife who has grown in her walk with You. An awesome church to work at, with a great mentor to lead, a great mentor back home in Pastor Doug and the new friends in Jay and Chief. You promised me those nights that You would stay by my side and You have, over 7 years now. Seven years You have been faithful! I must rejoice in You for that! 7 Years of life, 7 years of joy, through everything! Your love endures, not just for 7 years, but forever!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment