Friday, September 24, 2010

Christ is my Super Hero!

So the title is a little tacky but aren't super heroes here to protect you? Lord, is that not what you do? It doesn't matter what is going on, you are there, when I need You and even when I "don't." You come running, when I am scared, nervous, unsure, happy, joyful, etc. I love a God who has the power that You do.
Earlier today You and I chatted and I said I want a God who can discipline me when I sin. Such as, if I ever cheated on my wife, I would want you to take my ministry away, fire me from the church, make me earn that trust back. That is really scary; it's a thought that keeps me in check. Not because I want to run off and cheat but because You are such a big God! I mean BIG!!! You hold so much power in Your little finger and that alone makes me want to worship You! I want a God who cares enough about me that would take away one of the things I want/desire and value most. That is being a good parent, let alone a great God. I am no good without You. I get lost without You.

When I start to slip, when I want to sin, there You are, pulling me right back in, right back to You. Shoot, to steal a line from Sugarland's new song I want you to tell me that "we are stuck like glue." That would be a great thing! You make life worht living. You take the horrible things my life, the fights with my wife, the uncertainity of my decisions, my lust, my selfishness and every other sin and use them to build me up. You take the bad, turn it into good (Romans 8:28). You give me a life (John 10:10b). You make my heart beat, You knew me before I was born, Your hands created me. You take the sin in my life and use it to show me what I need to do to be like You. You give me chances to look like Your Son, to build character in me. Why would I want to leave You? You alone are worthy of worship!

Lord, I pray for James, the 9th grader I met today. It seems like You wanted to know if I was ready, even out of season. You had me home at the right time, You had him walking by with his lawnmower at the right time. You made sure I couldn't mow my lawn today, instead I washed the dogs. You gave me a chance to talk with the kid, invite him to church and youth group, to give me some extra money and our Starting Point card. I want to see something come out of this, to see him come to know You. I pray that he shows the card to his family, that he talks about his meeting me, that what You did through me, though it may seem little, you multiply and use to grow Your Kingdom!! Thank You for letting him live so far away so I could drive him and his mower home. Make something great come out of this.

Tomorrow is Adam's wedding. I love my best friend! I wish I was there and between You and I, I feel guilty for not being there. He is a good man and he always watched over me. He helped me grow up, was patient with me and helped me find my direction. I truly don't think he knows You though. He sees it more as a religion, not a relationship. He sees it more as going to church not as a lifetime/daily thing. His wife (as of tomorrow) is not a believer as well. Though her and I do not see eye to eye all the time, bring her to know You too. They both need You. They both, just as much as I do, need You. Lord, I know You love me, though I am not worthy. I beg You, I implore You, please, bring them into Your Kingdom. Break their hearts, melt that ice, open their eyes, etc. whatever it takes, help them see You and trust You.

Thank You my Old Friend, thank You for Your love, for freedom, for love!
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment