Saturday, January 22, 2011

You love me for me

Tonight Lord, I thank You just for the fact that You are God. You are my God. You pour out grace and mercy on me. You answer prayers that have been given from over 2 to 3 years ago. You show me that though I am a sinner, you love me. You hold me, keep me warm, reasure me and protect me.

I bring you praise, the joy of my heart because though I am nothing, truly I am not righteous, I am not worthy, for my righteousness is like dirty rags to you and I epically fail in comparison to Your Son. Yet You notice me, You love me, You turn to me and You listen, You hold, You guide and help. How could I ever choose anything but you?? Where would I be without you?

You are a God who knows the future, who guided the past, who loves the unloveable. You are the God that has compassion on us, You look at us and see we are sheep without a Shepherd. You sent Your Son to die on a rugged cross for us, to restore a relationship with us. You rescued us! You sent us Your Holy Spirit to do greater works in us than Christ did. It is You that move within us. You are a mighty God who deserves everything we can offer, our very breath! Tonight I ask you to forgive me, to cleanse me and to use me. Forgive me for not being bold when I need to be. You are a mighty God!
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment