Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yup, You are God!

Yeah, I was tired today Lord. I was not wanting to get up!! However, I have this pep in my step! I do, I feel giggly, silly, happy....I think the dizziness is gone too! I want it gone too!!! It was killing me, well not literally, but you know what I mean, it was such a bother! Yes, first world problem Lord, true, but still! I loved worship last night. Thank You for Caitlyn, for heart heart, for her love...I needed it last night. That whole head thing just kept me from my usual self. I was energy-less! Lord, nothing compares to what You can do through people. That is how I can tell You love me, Caitlyn, Your people. You have a special way of showing it!

I am just thrilled that today is the day it is! I would rather stay home, veg out, play some video games, but I am excited that Mikey and Chief want me to come with them to the LoneRider Brewery Tour. It is good to feel wanted, to feel loved...especially by the guys I feel the closest to down here. I still miss Michigan, I miss Anthony, I miss what I know. Last night Lord I thought about all the close relationships I see people have down here and I miss that, but I don't want it down here. I want to see my best friend, I miss him. I miss seeing Adam at Big John's too. I miss Nikki, I miss being able to drive around Clio some days. I miss Erica and Cole...I miss it!

Speaking of those things, I am so honored to get a chance to preach at Colonial Hills on June 3rd! I want to see as much of Miranda's family and my family there. I want to see my friends come out...I want a chance to share the message of Your Son, Your Love, the Cross there that day. I want to see lives changed, and hearts reshaped! I want to see people bow their knees to You, surrender their loves to You! Even now as I listen to Give me Faith..that is what I want for that weekend, give me the faith to trust You, to get up there and to speak. Make me strong, make me passionate, let the love I have for You shine through, and amplify that even more! I want this to be a chance to really share the Gospel! You will not fail, Your word does not return void...be strong in me!

Lord, forgive me of my sins, forgive me of the times I have given myself over to the desires of my flesh. Father, I have failed you, countless times. I do not deserve to even live today but by Your grace and mercy I do. Look, I do not want to sugarcoat anything, I am an awful man, a sinner who thinks of Himself more often than not, but I am so grateful that Your Spirit lives in me. Your Spirit works through me, gives through me, shares through me...I would be lost without It. Lord, the fight was won on the cross! You have overcome my sins, taken them, punished for them...Yes You love me, You did it because I couldn't do it on my own...but You did it because of Your love for Your creation...You did it in spite of our sins, of our true nature. Take my heart, make it Yours, today, tomorrow, this week, next week, for life! Overcome my sinful nature, make me more like You. Help me not to be selfish, to not care about my own deeds, my own desires. Lord, I love You. Thank You!
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment